- Score: American International 3, Assumption 0 (25-21,25-17,25-23)
- Record: Assumption (5-17, 3-10 NE10), American International (19-9, 10-2 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- In the first set, AIC took an early 6-3 lead. The Yellow Jackets were able to maintain this lead, while the points tallied back and forth, going into the 15th point, with a 14-12 advantage. The Yellow Jackets extend their lead 21-15 by outscoring the Hounds 7-3. The Hounds made a run of their own, outscoring AIC 5-1, to make it a 22-20. A kill by Arianna Pena-Martinez and a couple attack errors on Assumption gave the set to the Yellow Jackets 25-21.
- AIC jumped out to an early 6-1 lead with two kills by Andrea Dillon and one kill by Anne Boele. A kill by Mary Campbell (Plainville Mass. / Bishop Feehan) and kill by Kellie Smith (Richland, Mich. Gull Lake) helped the Hounds inch closer down 11-4. Both teams tallied back and forth to make it a 16-8 Yellow Jackets lead. Two kills by Jana Potic and Andrea Dillon helped the Yellow Jackets go on a 5-3 run to extend their lead 22-12. Kills by Olivia Burke (Salem, N.H., Salem) and Kellie Smith (Richland, Mich. Gull Lake) helped the Hounds go on a 5-1 run to make it a 23-17 contest. Kills by Vitoria Perini and Ada Guilera Martinez gave the Yellow Jackets the 2nd set 25-17.
- In a back and forth battle, a couple kills by Julia Goyette (Randolph, Mass. / Ursuline Academy) and Ariana Orcera (Guaynabo, Puerto Rico / Colegio Marista) gave Assumption an early 11-9 lead. AIC went on a 5-0 run with kills by Potic and Boele to take a 14-11 lead. The Hounds were able to go on a 10-1 run of their own to the tie the set at 21. The Yellow Jackets were able to secure the set, 25-23, and a win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption recorded a hitting percentage of .164, tallied 33 kills, 51 digs and 16 blocks while AIC hit .221 to go with 50 kills, 68 digs and two blocks.
- Sophomore Brenna Chrisom (Dover, NH. / St. Thomas Aquinas ), and Kellie Smith (Richland, Mich. / Gull Lake) had 15 and 11 digs, respectively. Julia Goyette (Randolph, Mass. / Ursuline Academy) led the offense with nine kills, and .241 hitting percentage. Smith and Romanik were right behind Goyette with eight and seven kills, respectively.