- Score: Bentley 3, Assumption 0 (25-13, 25-14, 25-21)
- Record: Assumption (4-12, 2-5 NE10), Bentley (14-5, 6-1 NE10)
- Location: Waltham, Mass.
- The Lead: Assumption was unable to capture a set as the team fell 3-0 on Tuesday evening in an NE10 Conference match up on the road.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The match was even 6-6, until the Falcons scored seven consecutive points to extend the lead 13-6. Later in set, the Hounds record three points in a row to close the gap to 14-10. With the score 19-13, Bentley scored six consecutive points to take the first set 25-12.
- The Falcons took an early 7-2 lead, but the Hounds fought back to cut the deficit to 9-6. Later in the set, the Hounds scored four consecutive points to come within four points. Freshman Mary Campbell (Plainville, Mass. / Bishop Feehan) had a block and a kill in the run, while senior Julia Goyette (Randolph, Mass./Ursuline Academy) added a kill. Bentley took an 8-1 scoring advantage to end the second set 25-14.
- In the third set, the Hounds took a 14-9 lead. Senior Kiki Romanik (San Rafael, Calif. / Sir Francis Drake) had a kill and an ace in the run while Goyette, Campbell and Kellie Smith (Richland, Mich. / Gull Lake) each added kills. The Falcons fought back to take the lead 15-14 but two consecutive kills by senior Olivia Burke (Salem, N.H. / Salem) would give the Hounds the 16-15 advantage. With the score 24-20 in favor of Bentley, Goyette had a kill assisted by Romanik but a kill by Dani Milner ended the set 25-21.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption recorded 22 kills, 48 digs and seven blocks while Bentley hit a .252 had 42 kills, 62 digs and 12 blocks.
- The Hound offense was led by Campbell and Goyette who each had seven kills. Romanik tallied 19 assists, eight digs and a block. Smith added four kills and 11 digs, while Campbell also totaled three blocks to lead the defense.
- Miller led the Falcon offense with 13 kills and led the defense with 12 digs and two blocks.
- Next Tuesday, the Hounds will travel to Pace to face the Setters at 7pm in an NE10 Conference match.