Hounds Blank Roosevelt in 9-0 Final
Hilton Head, S.C. (March 14) -- In the team's final match of their spring trip, the Assumption College women's tennis team defeated Roosevelt University by a 9-0 final to improve to 2-7 overall on the season.
Assumption captured all three doubles matches, including an 8-0 shutout at No. 2 by senior Paige Gilet (Chelmsford, Mass./Chelmsford) and freshman Kristen Carbone (Taunton, Mass./Coyle-Cassidy). The Hounds also captured No. 3 doubles and No. 6 singles by default as Roosevelt had just five players. Assumption won the other five singles matches in straight sets, including a 6-0, 6-0 blanking at No. 4 by senior Meg Hall (Pembroke, Mass./Notre Dame).
Assumption returns to action on Thursday, March 20th as the Hounds resume Northeast-10 play with a 3 p.m. road match at Stonehill.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
Assumption 9, Roosevelt 0
03/14/14 at Hilton Head, S.C.
1. Hannah Riley (ASM) def. Michelle Beczarski (RU) 6-1, 6-0
2. Paige Gilet (ASM) def. Claudia Beczarski (RU) 6-1, 7-6
3. Cassy Waung (ASM) def. Crystal Nguyen (RU) 6-1, 6-0
4. Meg Hall (ASM) def. Riley Keopsell (RU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Allison Gorman (ASM) def. Vivian Rodriguez (RU) 6-0, 6-1
6. No player (ASM) def. No player (RU), by default
1. Hannah Riley/Meg Hall (ASM) def. Claudia Beczarski/Michelle Beczarski (RU) 8-2
2. Paige Gilet/Kristen Carbone (ASM) def. Riley Keopsell/Crystal Nguyen (RU) 8-0
3. No player/No player (ASM) def. No player/No player (RU), by default