Dudley, Mass. (September 30) -- The Assumption College women's tennis team dropped a 7-2 final to Nichols College in non-conference action at the Robinson Tennis Courts on Monday afternoon.
Junior Cassy Waung (Bolton, Conn. / East Catholic) rallied to earn a 1-6, 6-3, 6-1 victory at number four singles to earn the Greyhounds lone point in singles action.
Senior Paige Gilet (Chelmsford, Mass. / Chelmsford) and Kendra Sloan (West Boylston, Mass. / West Boylston) paired together for the first time this season to earn an 8-1 victory at number three doubles for the Greyhounds other point in the match.
The Greyhounds fall to 0-4 this season and will return to action on October 12th at the College of Saint Rose. The match will begin at 1 p.m. in Garden City, N.Y.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
1. Anna Dyakiv (NC) def. Hannah Riley (ASM) 6-4, 6-3
2. Lindsay Benoit (NC) def. Kristen Carbone (ASM) 6-2, 6-1
3. Cristina Szepanski (NC) def. Paige Gilet (ASM) 6-0, 6-2
4. Cassy Waung (ASM) def. Emma Carey (NC) 1-6, 6-3, 6-1
5. Kelsey Peterson (NC) def. Meg Hall (ASM) 6-1, 6-2
6. Samantha Rydell (NC) def. Kendra Sloan (ASM) 6-4, 6-1
1. Anna Dyakiv/Cristina Szepanski (NC) def. Hannah Riley/Kristen Carbone (ASM) 8-2
2. Lindsay Benoit/Emma Carey (NC) def. Meg Hall/Cassy Waung (ASM) 8-0
3. Paige Gilet/Kendra Sloan (ASM) def. Erin Rivers/Michelle Keklik (NC) 8-1