Syracuse, N.Y. (March 31) -- The Assumption College women's tennis team lost to Le Moyne College, 5-4, on Saturday at the Skytop Tennis Courts.
Assumpion picked up points at number one and two singles as Chrissy Lyons (Holden, Mass/Worcester Academy) and Erica Micciche (Framingham, Mass./Framingham) won their matches for the Greyhounds. Assumption picked up a third singles points at number six, where Marissa Charles (Mystic, Conn./Saint Bernard) won her match, 6-3, 6-0.
The Greyhounds picked up their final point at number three doubles, when Micciche teams up with Allison Gorman for an 8-5 victory.
Assumption falls to 5-10 overall with the loss, and 2-5 in the Northeast-10 Conference, while Le Moyne improves to 3-8 overall and 3-7 in conference play.
The Greyhounds return to action on on Sunday, April 1, as the team travels to Saint Rose to take on the Golden Knights. The match will begin at 12 p.m.
1. Caroline Tisdell / Rebecca Black (LEM) def. Chrissy Lyons/Paige Gilet (ASM) 8-3
2. Jessica Geary/Margaret Lafleur (LEM) def. Meghan Hall/McCauley (ASM) 8-2
3. Erica Micciche/Gorman def (ASM) def. Elizabeth Rhode/Margaret Reagan 8-5
1. Chrissy Lyons (ASM) def Carolina Tisdell (LEM) 6-1, 6-2
2. Erica Micciche (ASM) def. Rebecca Black (LEM) 6-2. 7-6 (7-3)
3. Elizabeth Rhode (LEM) def Abby Blaisdell (ASM) 6-4, 6-4
4. Margaret Lafluer (LEM) def Meghan Hall (ASM) 6-2, 6-4
5. Kelly Falconer (LEM) def Paige Gilet (ASM) 6-7 (4-7), 7-5, 6-4
6. Marissa Charles (ASM) def Margaret Reagan (LEM) 6-3, 6-0