- Score: Le Moyne 18, Assumption 5
- Record: Le Moyne (10-0, 6-0 NE10), Assumption (5-4, 2-4 NE10)
- Location: Syracuse, N.Y. (Ted Grant Field)
- The Lead: No. 23 Assumption trailed fourth-ranked Le Moyne 4-2 midway through the half, but the Dolphins scored six goals over the final 15 minutes of the period and kept the offense up in the second half to earn an 18-5 victory over the Hounds on Wednesday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Le Moyne scored three times in the opening ten minutes of action and added another before Sarah Reilly (Fairfield, Conn. / Fairfield-Warde) finally got Assumption on the board to make it 4-1 at 17:06. Emily Spath (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin) followed with a goal off an Amanda Burns (Billerica, Mass. / Billerica Memorial) assist just 15 seconds later to trail by two. However, the Dolphins proceeded to score the final six goals of the half for a 10-2 lead at the break.
- In the second, Le Moyne pushed its lead to ten, 12-2 at 26:54. The Dolphins followed with three more goals over the next six minutes for a 15-2 advantage, until Burns ended the run with a free position goal with 18:15 left.
- Following another Le Moyne goal, freshman Allison Foley (Walpole, Mass. / Walpole) registered consecutive goals to cut the deficit to 16-5. The Dolphins scored twice in the final 2:25 for the 13-goal final.
INSIDE THE NUMERS:
- Assumption was outshot 37-17 in the contest, while Le Moyne had more ground balls (23-18). Both teams grabbed 12 draw controls.
- Foley led the offense with two goals while Burns had one goal, one assist and six draw controls. Jenny Bush (Kennebunk, Maine / Kennebunk) added four draws and Reilly had one goal and two draws.
- Kyra Goucher (Derry, N.H. / Pinkerton Academy) took the loss in net as she made a career-high 11 saves while allowing 18 goals. Hannah George stopped seven shots and gave up five goals to earn the victory.
- Erin McMullen led the Dolphins offense with five goals and two assists while Nicole Delany scored four times on six shots.
- The Hounds return to action on Saturday when they host Southern New Hampshire for the program's Alumni Day, on Saturday at 1 pm.