- Score: Assumption 64, Franklin Pierce 42
- Records: Assumption (9-15, 6-13 NE10), Franklin Pierce (4-20, 1-18 NE10)
- Location: Rindge, N.H. (The Fieldhouse)
- The Lead: Assumption started slow and held just a two-point lead at the half before outscoring Franklin Pierce by 20 points over the final 20 minutes of action to come away with a 64-42 road victory on Wednesday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Franklin Pierce jumped out to a 6-2 lead in the opening three minutes and extended its lead to 13-5 midway through the period. Abby McKanna (Narragansett, R.I. / Narragansett) ended the scoring drought with a triple at 3:02, but Assumption managed one more point in the period as they trailed 15-9 after the first.
- The Hounds opened the second on a 9-2 run and took an 18-17 lead on a three from Teneya McLaughlin (Milford, Conn. / Joseph A. Foran) at 6:28. The teams traded baskets over the next five minutes, and a Jordan Hawkins (Glen Burnie, Md. / Glen Burnie) layup gave Assumption a 24-21 lead with 1:34 left. Meghan Cramb (New Boston, N.H. / Bishop Guertin) connected on a shot from downtown in the final 30 seconds as Assumption led 29-27 at the break.
- The Ravens scored the first four points of the third to take a 31-29 lead. McLaughlin answered with a layup, which ignited a 12-0 run and was punctuated by two Morgan O'Brien (Reading, Mass. / Reading) threes to take a 41-31 lead midway through the period. The Hounds maintained their advantage over the last five minutes to take a 46-33 lead going into the fourth.
- Assumption scored the opening nine points of the final period to push the lead to 55-33 with 5:30 remaining in regulation. Franklin Pierce managed to cut the deficit to 17 a minute later, but the Hounds extended their advantage as high as 22 in the last four minutes, finishing with the 64-42 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption finished the contest shooting 43.4 percent overall, including 8-for-21 from downtown. Franklin Pierce made just 29.5 percent of its shots, including just three field goals in the second half, though the team did go 12-for-16 from the free throw line. Both teams pulled down 32 rebounds while the Hounds forced 25 turnovers.
- McLaughlin scored a season-high 15 points on 7-for-11 shooting with two assists, while O'Donnell added 13 points, five boards and one block. Cramb was in double figures with 11 points and four rebounds, as O'Brien also had 11 points and three triples.
- Mya Mosley paced the Ravens with 15 points, three rebounds and two assists while Sophia Holmes added10 points and three rebounds.
- The Hounds return to action on Saturday when they travel to play at Stonehill, with tip-off set for 1:30 pm.