- Score: Southern New Hampshire 53, Assumption 40
- Records: Assumption (1-5, 0-5 NE10), Southern New Hampshire (5-3, 4-1 NE10)
- Location: Manchester, N.H. (SNHU Fieldhouse)
- The Lead: Southern New Hampshire held a nine-point lead at the half and extended it to double-digits in the second, before finishing with a 53-40 victory over Assumption on Saturday afternoon in NE10 action.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption actually led 5-2 two minutes into the contest on a Morgan O'Donnell (Easton, Mass. / Ursuline Academy) basket. Nine straight by the Penman put them back in front 11-5 with 4:15 left and they finished with a 13-8 lead after the first quarter.
- The Hounds closed the gap to 19-13 on a Meghan Cramb (New Boston, N.H. / Bishop Guertin) shot from downtown with 4:54 remaining. The two teams traded baskets over the next three minutes, though a late three from SNHU gave them a 28-19 advantage at the half.
- In the third, Assumption was unable to get any closer than nine points midway through the period and went into the fourth trailing 42-27. The lead surpassed 20 points midway through the fourth, however, a late run, including a Cramb three, closed the gap and provided the 13-point margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption shot 25.0 percent from the floor in the game and made 5 of 12 three-pointers, while SNHU made 37.3 percent of its shots and was just 6 of 21 from downtown. The Hounds did hold a 44-36 edge in rebounding.
- Cramb led the offense with ten points, two rebounds and steals while Morgan O'Brien (Reading, Mass. / Reading) added nine points and four rebounds. O'Donnell grabbed a team-high 13 rebounds while scoring four points. Abby McKanna (Narragansett, R.I. / Narragansett) chipped in five points and three rebounds off the bench.
- Kylie Lorenzen led the Penmen with 19 points and nine rebounds while Brianna Camara added 12 and three steals.
- Assumption returns to action on Tuesday at 5:30 pm.