- Score: Saint Michael's 67, Assumption 41
- Records: Saint Michael's (4-3, 1-3 NE10), Assumption (1-4, 0-4 NE10)
- Location: Colchester, Vt. (Ross Sports Center)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After trailing early, Teneya McLaughlin (Milford, Conn. / Joseph A. Foran) and Meghan Cramb (New Boston, N.H. / Bishop Guertin) scored four straight for an 8-7 lead. The Purple Knights moved back in front and led 13-10 midway through the period before finishing with a 17-12 lead.
- The Purple Knights opened the second with 11 straight points for a 28-13 advantage through three minutes. Assumption responded with the next seven points, including a Kiera O'Donnell (Cheshire, Conn. / Holy Cross) triple to trail just 28-19 at 3:44. Another Saint Michael's run extended the score to 36-21 at the half.
- Assumption cut the deficit to 13 points twice early in the third quarter, though the Purple Knights stretched it a high as 25. The Hounds didn't get any closer than 19 points over the final quarter of action as St. Michael's finished with the 26-point victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption shot just 26.8 percent from the floor in the contest while making 2 of 11 three-point shots. The Purple Knights, meanwhile made 41.4 percent of their attempts and connected on eight shots from beyond the arc.
- Morgan O'Brien (Reading, Mass. / Reading) led the team with nine points and two rebounds while O'Donnell chipped in nine points and five rebounds off the bench. Temi Falayi (Peabody, Mass. / St. Mary's) supplied six points and nine rebounds.
- Emily Ferreri led Saint Michael's with 20 points while Leah Spencer had 15 points and seven rebounds.
- Assumption returns to action on Saturday when the team travels to play Southern New Hampshire at 1:30 pm.