- Score: Bentley 64, Assumption 52
- Records: Bentley (4-0, 2-0 NE10), Assumption (0-3, 0-3 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption was outscored by just two points in the second half, but the third ranked Falcons used a strong opening 20 minutes to come away with a 64-52 victory on Tuesday evening in conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption jumped out to a quick 6-2 lead at 7:11 on a layup by Jordan Hawkins (Glen Burnie, Md. / Glen Burnie) A pair of Meghan Cramb (New Boston, N.H. / Bishop Guertin) free throws three minutes later kept the Hounds in front 8-5, however, Bentley ended the period on a 12-3 run for a 17-11 advantage.
- The Falcons opened up the second with a triple for the nine-point lead, until Morgan O'Donnell (Easton, Mass. / Ursuline Academy) ended the run with a layup at 8:19. That started a 9-0 spurt for the Hounds, capped off by a Laura Roman (Bronx, N.Y. / St. Andrews) layup with 6:19 left to tie it 20 apiece. Bentley answered with five straight points and finished the second with a 32-22 advantage.
- In the third, the teams traded baskets over the first five minutes, though a pair of free throws gave Bentley a 41-26 advantage with 3:49 left. Cramb answered with a jumper and the Hounds eventually cut the deficit to trail 45-33 at the end of the period.
- Trailing by 17 points 1:34 into the fourth, Assumption went on an 11-4 run to trim the Falcon lead to just 54-44 with 5:38 left in regulation. The Falcons stretched the lead back up to 15 two minutes later, but the Hounds were able to close the gap and fell 64-52.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption limited the Flacons to 37.1 percent shooting overall, but they did made 11 of 23 three-point attempts. The Hounds, meanwhile, shot 33.9 percent from the floor and finish 2-for-9 from downtown. Assumption did have a 45-37 rebounding edge.
- Hawkins led the team with 12 points and six boards while O'Donnell added nine points, ten rebounds and two assists. Cramb was also in double figures with ten points, and Temi Falayi (Peabody, Mass. / St. Mary's) chipped in four points and ten boards.
- Becca Musgrove paced Bentley with 16 points and three assists while Victoria Lux posted a double-double of 12 points, 12 rebounds a two blocks.
- Assumption returns to action on Sunday when the team travels to play at Georgian Court at 1 pm.