-Score: Holy Cross 61, Assumption 41
-Location: Worcester, Mass. (Hart Center)
-The Lead: Assumption was down by only nine points after the first quarter, but Holy Cross outscored the Hounds 33-19 over the middle to two quarters on the way to a 61-41 victory on Saturday afternoon in an exhibition matchup between the two teams.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption fell behind early in the first quarter as the Crusaders went on a 13-2 run against the Hounds. The Hounds allowed only three more points in the quarter, finishing with a 16-7 deficit.
- In the second, Holy Cross outscored Assumption 17-12 as Morgan O'Donnell (Easton, Mass. / Ursuline Academy) had four points and Meghan Reen (Norwood, Mass. / Norwood High School) registered two points, three rebounds and two assists. The Crusaders went on another run in the third quarter to stretch their lead to 23 and lead 49-26.
- The Hounds outscored Holy Cross 15-12 over the final ten minutes of action. Abby McKanna (Narragansett, R.I. / Narragansett) had seven points in the period while O'Donnell had four points and two rebounds to lead the offense.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption shot 27.3 percent from the floor and was just 2 of 11 from three while grabbing 32 rebounds and dishing off nine assists.
-McKanna led the team with 11 points in the contest while Reen added four points, four rebounds and three assists. O'Donnell chipped in eight points and four boards while Temi Falayi (Peabody, Mass. / St. Mary's High School) had six rebounds and three points.
- Assumption opens its 2017-18 regular season at home against Merrimack Wednesday, November 15, at 5:30 pm.