- Score: Merrimack 2, Assumption 0
- Records: Assumption (19-16, 14-11 NE10), Merrimack (31-13, 18-10 NE10)
- Location: North Andover, Mass. (Martone-Mejail Field)
- The Lead: No.4 seeded Assumption gave up two runs in the first inning and shut out the Warriors for the remainder of the game, but it was not enough as the Hounds fell 2-0 to No. 3 Merrimack in the first round of the NE10 Tournament on Tuesday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the bottom of the first, the Warriors got on the board with two runs as Kristina Terrazzano singled up the middle to score Alyssa Williamson and Nicole Nanof.
- In the top of the second, junior Victoria Petrie (Marlborough, Mass./Marlborough) singled with two outs but Merrimack pitcher Megan Cook ended the inning to keep her shut out alive.
- In the top of the seventh the Hounds had a last chance to come back. Freshman Alyssa Beaton (Smithfield, R.I./Smithfield) singled to right field and then Ally Hinojosa (Revere, Mass./Revere) replaced her one first. Hinojosa took second on a wild pitch but Cook struck out the last batter to end the game 2-0 in favor of the Warriors.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Senior pitcher Kendal Roy (Grafton, Mass./ Grafton) tossed six innings allowing six hits and two runs. She stuck out three batters and only surrendered two walks. Beaton, Petrie, and Brooke Murphy (Salem, N.H./Salem) each had a hit in the contest.