- Score: Assumption 4, Stonehill 1
- Records: Assumption (17-13, 12-8 NE10), Stonehill (8-28, 7-19NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Marois Field)
- The Lead: The Assumption College softball team beat Stonehill 4-1 as freshman Alyssa Beaton (Smithfield, R.I. / Smithfield) and sophomore Kayla Peabody (Mendon, Mass./ Nipmuc Regional High School) each hit a home run, and senior pitcher Kendal Roy (Grafton, Mass./Grafton) only allowed one run over seven innings.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the bottom of the first inning, Murphy walked and then advanced to second on a sacrifice bunt from Haley Drakoulakos (Lowell, Mass./Lowell). Next batter, Beaton, homered to left field to take the 2-0 lead. Peabody hit a solo home run in the next inning to extend the score to 3-0
- The Skyhawks answered in the top of the third inning as Michelle Theilgard flied hit a sacrifice fly to score Hannah Ricker.
- Assumption tallied their final run in the bottom of the frame as senior Stephanie Menard (Cranston, R.I./Cranston) stole home. The Hound defense held Stonehill scoreless for the remainder of the game and in the final inning Roy struck out two batters to end the contest 4-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Roy pitched the complete win. She only allowed two hits, one run, and struck out seven batters. Peabody went 2-for-3 and tallied a home run while Beaton had two RBI and hit her first collegiate home run.
- The Hounds are back tomorrow as they host Southern New Hampshire in a three game series starting Friday, April 26th, at 12:00pm.