Hounds Capture 7-2 Victory on Senior Day
Worcester, Mass. (April 17) -- On Senior Day on Thursday afternoon, the Assumption College men's tennis team capped the regular season with a 7-2 victory over visiting Saint Michael's College in Northeast-10 Conference action. Prior to the match, graduate students Matt Drolet (Cumberland, R.I./Mt. St. Charles) and Michael Breen (Holden, Mass./Saint John's) were recognized for their contributions to the program during their Assumption careers.
With the win, Assumption improves to 9-7 overall and 5-5 in Northeast-10 play, while Saint Michael's concludes its season at 2-13 overall and 2-8 in the league.
Assumption advances to the Northeast-10 Championship for the first time since the 2009 season as the Hounds will open tournament play on Tuesday, April 22nd against an opponent that is still to be determined.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
Assumption 7, Saint Michael's College 2
04/17/14 at Worcester, Mass.
1. Chris Waung (ASM) def. Nick Bosco (STM) 6-3, 6-1
2. Marco Leung (ASM) def. Billy Wood (STM) 6-4, 6-2
3. Viljami Rahnasto(ASM) def. Tom Brahm (STM) 6-1, 6-1
4. Charlie Merry (STM) def. Matt Surpenant (ASM) 6-1, 6-2
5. Michael Breen (ASM) def. Sam Laves (STM) 4-6, 7-5, 10-5
6. Patrick Dietz (STM) def. Matt Drolet (ASM) 2-6, 6-2, 10-8
1. Chris Waung/Viljami Rahnasto (ASM) def. Nick Bosco/Tom Brahm (STM) 8-2
2. Marco Leung/Michael Breen (ASM) def. Chris Allen/Hayden Steward (STM) 8-4
3. Matt Drolet/Tom Knight (ASM) def. Sam Laves/Ben Lambert (STM) 8-3
Saint Michael's College 2-13, 2-8 NE-10
Assumption 9-7, 5-5 NE-10