Men's Tennis Blanks Saint Anselm, 9-0
Worcester, Mass. (April 12) -- On Saturday afternoon, the Assumption College men's tennis team won for the fourth time in its last six matches with a convincing 9-0 home victory over Saint Anselm College in Northeast-10 Conference play.
Assumption did not lose a game in singles or doubles, recording 6-0, 6-0 wins in each singles match and 8-0 shutouts in doubles.
With the win, Assumption improves to 8-7 overall and 4-5 in Northeast-10 play. With the loss, Saint Anselm remains winless at 0-9 overall and 0-8 in the league.
Assumption closes out the 2014 regular season on Thursday, April 17th as the Hounds play host to Saint Michael's College for a 3 p.m. match.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
Assumption 9, Saint Anselm 0
04/12/14 at Worcester, Mass.
1. Chris Waung (ASM) def. John Joyce (STA) 6-0, 6-0
2. Marco Leung (ASM) def. Kevin Greene (STA) 6-0, 6-0
3. Michael Breen (ASM) def. Phil Hodgkins (STA) 6-0, 6-0
4. Matt Drolet (ASM) def. Joe Cahill (STA) 6-0, 6-0
5. Tom Knight (ASM) def. Shane Archambault (STA) 6-0, 6-0
6. No player (ASM) def. No player (STA), by forfeit
1. Chris Waung/Viljami Rahnasto (ASM) def. John Joyce/Kevin Greene (STA) 8-0
2. Matt Surpenant/Casey Hodor (ASM) def. Phil Hodgkins/Joe Cahill (STA) 8-0
3. No player/No player (ASM) def. No player/No player (STA), by forfeit
Saint Anselm 0-9, 0-8 NE-10
Assumption 8-7, 4-5 NE-10