Worcester, Mass. (April 10) -- In Northeast-10 Conference action on Thursday afternoon, the Assumption College men's tennis team dropped a 6-3 final to visiting Stonehill College.
Freshman Marco Leung (Macao/The International School of Macao) picked up the 7-6, 6-4 victory at No. 2 singles as he continued his winning streak that dates back to September 2013. The Hounds also picked up a convincing 8-4 win at No. 1 doubles as freshmen Viljami Rahnasto (Vantaa, Finland) and Chris Waung (Bolton, Conn./East Catholic) teamed up for the victory.
Assumption is back in action on Saturday, April 12th as the Hounds host Saint Anselm for an 11 a.m. start.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
Stonehill 6, Assumption 3
04/10/14 at Worcester, Mass.
1. Nick Hyzak (STO) def. Chris Waung (ASM) 6-3, 6-3
2. Marco Leung (ASM) def. Eric Ringstad (STO) 7-6, 6-4
3. Viljami Rahnasto (ASM) def. Philip Klados (STO) 7-5, 3-6, 6-2
4. Tom Alaimo (STO) def. Matt Surpenant (ASM) 6-0, 6-1
5. Brett Armstrong (STO) def. Michael Breen (ASM) 6-3, 6-4
6. Jared Drzal (STO) def. Matt Drolet (ASM) 6-0, 6-1
1. Viljami Rahnasto/Chris Waung (ASM) def. Brett Armstrong/Eric Ringstad (STO) 8-4
2. Tom Alaimo/Jon Sanders (STO) def. Matt Drolet/Marco Leung (ASM) 8-4
3. Nick Hyzak/Jared Drzal (STO) def. Matt Surpenant/Michael Breen (ASM) 8-5
Stonehill 11-7, 6-3 NE-10
Assumption 7-7, 3-5 NE-10