Hounds Down Ravens in 5-4 Road Final
Rindge, N.H. (April 6) -- In Northeast-10 Conference action on Sunday afternoon, the Assumption College men's tennis team pulled out a 5-4 road win at Franklin Pierce University as the Hounds won their second straight match overall and sixth in the last eight.
Freshman Chris Waung (Bolton, Conn./East Catholic) clinched the match for the Hounds as he rallied from one set down for a 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 win at No. 1 singles to lift the visitors to the win.
With the win, Assumption improves to 7-6 overall and 3-4 in Northeast-10 play, while the Ravens drop to 3-7 overall and 2-6 in the league.
Assumption is back in action on Tuesday, April 8th as the Hounds host Saint Michael's for a 3:30 p.m. start.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
Assumption 5, Franklin Pierce 4
Apr 06, 2014 at Rindge, N.H.
1. Chris Waung (ASM) def. Patrick Gilhuly (FPU) 4-6, 6-3, 6-2
2. Christopher Brewer (FPU) def. Viljami Rahnasto (ASM) 6-4, 3-6, 6-4
3. Marco Leung (ASM) def. Jared Taylor (FPU) 6-1, 6-1
4. Mark Petrie (FPU) def. Matt Surpenant (ASM) 6-2, 6-2
5. Drew Bennett (FPU) def. Michael Breen (ASM) 7-6 (7-3), 6-7 (8-10), 10-7
6. Matt Drolet (ASM) def. Aras Banevicius (FPU) 6-1, 6-1
1. Patrick Gilhuly/Christopher Brewer (FPU) def. Chris Waung/Viljami Rahnasto (ASM) 8-5
2. Marco Leung/Matt Drolet (ASM) def. Jared Taylor/Drew Bennett (FPU) 8-2
3. Michael Breen/Tom Knight (ASM) def. Mark Petrie/Aras Banevicius (FPU) 8-2
Assumption 7-6, 3-4 NE-10
Franklin Pierce 3-7, 2-6 NE-10