Newport, R.I. (April 16) -- The Assumption College men's tennis team dropped a 6-3 decision to Salve Regina in non-league action.
The Seahawks enjoyed an early 2-0 lead by benefit of only five Greyhound players, forcing a default for Assumption at No. 3 doubles and No. 6 singles.
Greyhound junior Richard Jakiel (New Britain, Conn./N.W. Catholic) won at No. 4 singles in straight sets. Jerry Reilly (Greenville, R.I./LaSalle Academy) and Pat Murray (Cumberland, R.I./Cumberland) both emerged victorious in the third sets.
The Greyhounds finish the season with a 4-14 record and a 2-9 record in Northeast-10 Conference play.
1. Zachary Rosenfeld (SRU) def. Joseph Esposito (ASM) 6-4, 7-5
2. Aaron Isch (SRU) def. Matt Drolet (ASM) 6-2, 6-3
3. Pat Murray (ASM) def. Colin Gunning (SRU) 5-7, 6-4, 6-4
4. Richard Jakiel (ASM) def. Mike Gallerani (SRU) 6-2, 6-3
5. Jerry Reilly (ASM) def. Malcolm Marshall (SRU) 7-5, 3-6, 7-5
6. No player (SRU) def. No player (ASM), by default
1. Aaron Isch/Zachary Rosenfeld (SRU) def. Matt Drolet/Pat Murray (ASM) 8-1
2. Mike Gallerani/Malcolm Marshall (SRU) def. Joseph Esposito/Jerry Reilly (ASM) 8-3
3. No player/No player (SRU) def. No player/No player (ASM), by default