Assumption Men's Tennis Team Can't Overcome Le Moyne
Worcester, Mass. (October 7) -- The Assumption men's tennis team fell to Le Moyne, 9-0 on Friday afternoon. The number two doubles team of Richard Jakiel (New Britain, Conn./N.W. Catholic) and Nathan Lafond (Goffstown, N.H./Goffstown) battled,but came up short with a final score of 8-6.
Jakiel also battled in his number four singles spot, but eventually fell 7-5, 6-1.
The Hounds move to 1-7 on the season with the loss and 0-5 in the Northeast-10.
The Hounds men's tennis team is done for the fall and will resume play in the spring when they host Saint Anselm College on April 14th. The time of the match is yet to be determined.
1. Sullivan/Schiefer def. Baker/Drolet 8-2
2. Persia/Gleason def. Jakiel/Nate Lafond 8-6
3. Johnson/Shelp def. Esposito/Reilly 8-4
1. Dan Sullivan def. Dylan Baker 6-2, 6-3
2. Jim Shelp def. JT Esposito 6-1, 6-3
3. Joe Persia def. Matt Drolet 6-0, 6-3
4. Andy Gleason def. Rich Jakiel 7-5, 6-1
5. Ken Schiefer def. Pat Murray 6-0, 6-3
6. Daryl Johnson def. Jerry Reilly 6-0, 6-0