- Score: Assumption 12, Franklin Pierce 7
- Record: Assumption (6-2, 4-2 NE10), Franklin Pierce (4-4, 2-4 NE10)
- Locations: Rindge, N.H. (Sodexo Field)
- The Lead: Assumption trailed 5-3 midway through the second quarter but scored three straight goals to end the period and shut out Franklin Pierce 3-0 in the third to grab a 9-5 lead on the way to a 12-7 victory Saturday afternoon in conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Franklin Pierce took a 1-0 lead just 1:36 into the contest, however Trevor Kennedy (Port Jefferson Station, N.Y. / Comsewogue) answered less than a minute later. The Ravens scored again at 6:50 for a 2-1 advantage, before Dan Farrell (Norwood, Mass. / Norwood) netted an unassisted goal with 5:13 left to keep it even.
- In the second, the Ravens took 3-2 lead at 12:15. Travis Reid (Raynham, Mass. / Bridgewater Raynham) responded one minute later, unfortunately Franklin Pierce scored twice in 52 seconds for a 5-3 lead with 10 minutes left in the period. Farrell brought Assumption within one a minute later and tied the game up 5-5 with 7:05 remaining. Reid added another tally for a 6-5 lead going into the half.
- Reid led off the third with a goal at 12:32 and Aidan Tefft (Franklin, Mass. / Xaverian Brothers) scored off a feed from Mike Leonard (Westwood, Mass. / Westwood) for an 8-5 lead just one minute later. Farrell concluded the scoring in the period with a goal at 7:41.
- The Ravens trimmed the deficit to 9-6 at 9:47 of the fourth, but Reid made it a four-goal game in less than a minute, while Farrell and Brett Jennings (Montgomery, N.Y. / Valley Central) each scored for a 12-6 lead with seven minutes left. Franklin Pierce scored in the last minute for the 12-7 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption outshot Franklin Pierce 45-37 in the contest and won 14 of 23 face-offs while picking up ten more ground balls (32-22). Connor Reid (Raynham, Mass. / Bridgewater Raynham) won all 14 and picked up eight ground balls.
- Farrell tied his career high with seven points on five goals and two assists. He also became just the sixth player in program history with 100 points. T. Reid added four goals and one assist while Spencer Marocchini (Somers, Mass. / Wilbraham and Monson) dished off two assists.
- Colby Hamwey (West Yarmouth, Mass. / Wilbraham & Monson) earned the win in net as he made 11 saves while allowing seven goals. Justin Lorenzo took the loss but made 19 saves with 12 goals allowed.
- The Hounds return to action on Wednesday when they travel to face Bentley at 7 pm.