-Score: Assumption 10, Post 3
-Records: Assumption (3-0, 1-0 NE10), Post (0-6, 0-0 CACC)
-Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
-The Lead: The Hounds held a 10-1 lead through three quarters and finished with a 10-3 victory over Post University on a chilly Friday night at Multi-Sport Stadium in non-conference action
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Trevor Kennedy (Port Jefferson Station, N.Y. / Comsewogue) scored the first goal at 12:34, adding an assist on the second goal, scored by Brett Jennings (Montgomery, N.Y. / Valley Central) just two minutes later. Post cut the deficit to 2-1, but with 7:01 left in the first, Jennings added another goal for a 3-1 lead. Dan Farrell (Norwood, Mass. / Norwood) assisted the next goal by Kennedy with 4:36 left in the quarter and Dan Matisoff (Milton, Mass. / Milton) tallied a goal with just a minute left for the 5-1 advantage.
- In the second quarter, Post held Assumption to only two goals. Matisoff scored early in the period with an assist from Farrell with 11:20 left. Freshman Anthony Rausa (Littleton, Mass. / Littleton) added a goal for the Hounds for a 7-1 lead. Post played strong defense and held the Hounds from scoring over the last eight minutes of the half, however, they couldn't register a goal and trailed 7-1.
- Just 43 seconds into the third, Farrell made it 8-1 with an assist by Kennedy. The score didn't change for over 10 minutes, until Farrell struck again with back-to-back goals assisted by Jennings, and Patrick O'Brien (Oyster Bay, N.Y. / St. Dominic), for a 10-1 advantage.
- Post held Assumption without a score in the fourth quarter, playing solid defense while scoring a pair of goals to provide the 10-3 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption outshot Post 43-18, with 30 of those shots on goal while also picking up three times as many ground balls (48-13). Junior Connor Reid (Raynham, Mass. / Bridgewater Raynham) won 15 of 17 total face-offs with 11 ground balls to help get the offense in gear.
- Farrell led the team with six points, tallying three goals and three assists. Kennedy, Jennings, and Matisoff all added two goals, with Kennedy dishing off a pair of assists. Tim Tierney (Framingham, Mass. / Framingham) led the offense with seven ground balls and six caused turnovers while Rausa added three ground balls.
- Junior Colby Hamwey (West Yarmouth, Mass. / Wilbraham & Monson) earned the win in net as he stopped four shots while allowing three goals for his third win. Manuele D'Alessio was impressive in a loss for the Eagles, making 20 saves and allowing just ten goals.
- The Hounds return to action on March 24, when they travel to play AIC at 7 pm.