- Score: Assumption 12, Saint Rose 6
- Record: Assumption (1-2, 1-2 NE10), Saint Rose (0-4, 0-1 NE10)
- Location: Albany, N.Y. (John Fallon Field)
The Lead: Assumption trailed 3-1 after the first quarter but exploded for six goals in the second and outscored Saint Rose 11-3 over the final 45 minutes to earn a 12-6 comeback win on Saturday afternoon
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Golden Knights scored just 2:10 into the contest, but Reid answered less than a minute later to tie up the score. They added two more goals in the final five minutes for a 3-1 advantage through one period.
- Spencer Marocchini (Somers, Mass. / Wilbraham and Monson Academy) pulled the Hounds within one a minute into the second before back-to-back goals by Dan Farrell (Norwood, Mass. / Norwood) less than a minute apart gave them their first lead, 4-3, with 10:18 left in the quarter. Saint Rose tied it up exactly one minute later, however, Reid answered with 8:09 left for the 5-4 advantage. Marocchini & Dan Matisoff (Milton, Mass. / Milton) added goals in the final six minutes for a 7-4 lead at the break.
- Reid scored twice in the third for a 9-4 edge and then he and Farrell extended the lead to 11-4 midway through the fourth. Brett Jennings (Montgomery, N.Y. / Valley Central High School) added the final goal for a 12-4 lead with 3:24 remaining, before two late Saint Rose goals provided the 12-6 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption outshot Saint Rose 40-28 and picked up five more ground ball (32-27). The Golden Knights did win 12 of 22 face-offs. Neither team scored on the man-up, with the two combining to go 0-for-5.
- Reid was dominant, scoring a career-high five goals with two assists for seven total points while grabbing four ground balls. Farrell added five points on three goals and two assists, with Matisoff dishing off three assists.
- TJ McNicholas (Newton, Mass. / Newton North) led the defense with two caused turnovers and four ground balls while Colby Hamwey (West Yarmouth, Mass. / Wilbraham Monson Academy) secured the win in net by making 11 saves with just six goals allowed. Austin Degener took the loss for Saint Rose.
-The Hounds are back in action on Saturday when they host Bentley at 1 pm.