- Tournament: Eagles Invitational
- Results: 4th of 9 teams | 307 + 308 =615
- Location: Watertown, Conn. (Watertown Country Club)
- Date: October 10, 2017
The Lead: Junior James Elliot (Gill, Mass./Pioneer Valley Regional) tied for third overall in the Post Eagles Invitational to lead the Hounds to a fifth place finish at the Watertown Country Club on Tuesday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Elliot shot an even 73 both days for an overall score of 146 (+4) to tie for third place in the Invitational. Sophomore Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J./ North Warren Regional) and freshman Andrew Sanzaro (Wethersfield, Conn./ Wethersfield) tied for 24th overall shootings a combined 156.
- Senior Justin Clutter (Bedford, N.H./Bedford) and freshman Ryan Fillebrown (Ayer, Mass. / Saint Bernard's Central Catholic) shot just three strokes beind Bryant and Sanzaro to tie them for 31st overall in the Invitational.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Southern New Hampshire remained in first with an overall score of 591, while Post dropped into fourth place shooting a 310 on the second day. Le Moyne jumped to second place shooting a 292 on the second day along with Saint Thomas Aquinas who took fourth place after shooting a 291. Chesnut Hill College (632), Saint Rose (634), Goldley-Beacom College (635), Felician (642) rounded out the field
- Elliot led the team with five birdies and 22 pars, while Bryant had the only eagle over the two day Invitational.
- On Saturday, the Hounds travel to Blue Bell Pennsylvania to compete at the University of the Sciences in the Devils Classic