- Tournament: Eagles Invitational
- Results: 4th of 9 teams | 307
- Location: Watertown, Conn. (Watertown Country Club)
- Date: October 9, 2017
The Lead: The Assumption College golf team is in fourth place, shooting a combined 307, after the first day of play in the Eagles Invitational.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior James Elliot (Gill, Mass./Pioneer Valley Regional) sits in first for the Hounds and fourth overall shooting a 73 (+2), and just four strokes behind sophomore Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J./ North Warren Regional) is tied for 16th overall.
- The 3rd, 4th, and 5th golfers for the Hounds were just separated by one stroke. Senior Justin Clutter (Bedford, N.H./Bedford) shot a 78 overall to tie him for 20th behind Bryant, while freshman Andrew Sanzaro (Wethersfield, Conn./ Wethersfield) and Ryan Fillebrown (Ayer, Mass. / Saint Bernard's Central Catholic) sit in 26th and and 32nd overall shooting a 79 and 80 respectively.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Post and Southern New Hampshire are tied for first overall shooting a 297. Le Moyne is five strokes ahead of Assumption in third place. Saint Thomas Aquinas sits in fifth shooting a 310 while Saint Rose shot a 314 to place sixth. Chesnut Hill College (321), Goldley-Beacom College (323), Felician (334) conclude the results.
- Bryant is tied for most eagles in the Invitational with one.
- The Hounds are back tomorrow to compete in the Eagle Invitational at the Watertown Golf Club