- Score: Southern N.H. 15, Assumption 2 (Game One); Southern N.H. 15, Assumption 2 (Game Two)
- Records: Assumption (17-28-2, 11-16-2 NE10); Southern N.H. (33-13, 18-3 NE10)
- Location: Manchester, N.H. (Tenmen Field)
- The Lead: The Assumption baseball team concluded its 2018 season with a pair losses at Southern New Hampshire, falling 15-2 in the opener before dropping the nightcap 15-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior Tom Horstkotte (Milford, Mass. / St. John's) took the mound in game one and suffered the loss, finishing the season with a 4-3 record.
- Senior Jake Byrne (Grafton, Mass. / Saint John's) provided the offense for Assumption in game one, connecting on a two-run home run in the fourth inning, scoring sophomore Derek Adamson (Chelmsford, Mass. / Chelmsford).
- Assumption held a 2-1 lead in the fourth inning, before Southern New Hampshire scored seven runs in the fifth, three in the seventh and four in the eighth.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS: GAME ONE
- Senior Andrew Jaehnig (Quincy, Mass. / Boston College) went 2-for-4, while Byrne finished 2-for-3 with a home run.
HOW IT HAPPENED: GAME TWO
- Freshman James McNamara (Westford, Mass. / Westford Academy) started game two for Assumption and took the loss, surrendering six runs (four earned) in 5.0 innings of work while striking out six batters. McNamara concludes his freshman campaign with a 3-2 record.
- The ball game was close until the bottom of the sixth inning, when Southern New Hampshire pushed eight runs across the plate to take a 10-0 lead.
- Both of Assumption's runs came in the top of the ninth inning, as sophomore Jared Brescia (Brentwood, N.H. / Exeter) recorded a RBI double and senior Quinn Moynihan (Worcester, Mass. / Lipscomb University) plated the other.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS: GAME TWO
- Junior Kevin Quinlivan (Shrewsbury, Mass. / St. John's) finished 2-for-4 with a double.
- Brescia went 1-for-3 with a RBI and a double.