- Score: Assumption 6, Stonehill 5 (11 innings)
- Records: Assumption (14-16-1, 8-5-1 NE10); Stonehill (11-13, 4-7 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Rocheleau Field)
- The Lead: Assumption trailed Stonehill 5-0 late in the game but the Hounds never quit, tying the game in the seventh inning before eventually winning the game in the 11th to improve to 5-1 in the division.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshman James McNamara (Westford, Mass. / Westford Academy) made his third start of the season on the mound today, pitching 5.0 innings and allowing five runs (two earned) while striking out five batters. Sophomore Manny PegueroMelo (Boston, Mass. / Xaverian) came on out of the bullpen and fired 3.1 innings of scoreless relief. Junior Mike Keinz (North Branford, Conn. / Notre Dame) came on in the ninth and got the final two outs, the final out coming from a strikeout with the bases loaded. He worked into the 11th inning, punching out six batters in just 2.2 innings of work without surrendering a hit.
- Stonehill pieced together a run in both the second and third inning, before pushing three runs across in the fourth to take a 5-0 lead.
- Assumption got it all back in a big seventh inning, when senior Jake Byrne (Grafton, Mass. / Saint John's) led off the inning with a walk. Junior Dominic Alfano (Farmington, Conn. / Farmington) was then hit by a pitch and senior Quinn Moynihan (Worcester, Mass. / Lipscomb University) reached on a fielder's choice for the second out of the inning. After sophomore Jared Brescia (Brentwood, N.H. / Exeter) walked to load the bases, senior Andrew Jaehnig (Quincy, Mass. / Boston College) knocked a single through the right side of the infield to score two runs. Sophomore Derek Adamson (Chelmsford, Mass. / Chelmsford) followed that up with a two-RBI double of his own to pull the Hounds within one run, before junior Hunter Tralli (Berlin, Conn. / Northwest Catholic) recorded a RBI single to tie the game.
- PegueroMelo and Keinz combined to pitch 6.0 innings of scoreless relief, allowing the Hounds to send the game into extra innings, before Tralli recorded his fourth hit of the day with the bases loaded to send the Hounds home with a huge NE10 Divisional win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Tralli registered a four hit day, going 4-for-5 with two RBI including the game tying RBI and game winning RBI.
- Jaehnig finished 3-for-6 with two RBI and a run, while Adamson went 2-for-5 with two RBI and a run.