- Score: Merrimack 19, Assumption 9
- Records: Assumption (13-16-1, 7-5-1 NE10); Merrimack (13-13, 6-7 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Rocheleau Field)
- The Lead: Merrimack recorded 20 hits and 19 runs as Assumption dropped its first NE10 Divisional contest to fall to 4-1, but remain in a three way tie for first place with Franklin Pierce and Southern New Hampshire.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Kyle Autilio (Saugus, Mass. / Saugus) took the mounds for Assumption as the Hounds looked to stay undefeated in NE10 Divisional play, but the sophomore didn't have his best stuff departing the game after 2.0 innings and allowing six runs. The highlight for the Hounds out of the bullpen was freshman Brendan Desautels (Holden, Mass. / Holy Name Central Catholic) who pitched 2.0 innings perfect innings of relief.
- Assumption found themselves in an immediate hole as Merrimack put up three runs in the first and second innings. In total, the Warriors scored three or more runs in five out of the nine innings, including five in the seventh.
- The Hounds did the majority of their damage in the ninth inning, when freshman Andrew Moccia (Lynn, Mass. / Lynn Classical) and junior Dominic Alfano (Farmington, Conn. / Farmington) walked and sophomore Joe Michael's (Johnston, R.I. / Johnston Senior / CCRI) cleared the bases with a bomb off of the center field wall. Sophomore Phil Gaines (Cambridge, Mass. / Cambridge R&L) also just missed on a home run, hitting the left field wall and driving in Michael for a RBI, before freshman Mark Halloran (North Kingstown, R.I. / North Kingstown) scored on a wild pitch.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Junior Hunter Tralli (Berlin, Conn. / Northwest Catholic) finished 2-for-3 with two runs, while Michael went 1-for-1 with two RBI and a run.
- Junior Trevor McQuade (Westwood, Mass. / Xaverian) went 1-for-3 with two walks, a run and RBI.