- Score: Assumption 9, Assumption 4
- Records: Assumption (6-11, 0-0 NE10); American Int'l (8-7, 0-0 NE10)
- Location: Springfield, Mass. (American International)
- The Lead: Nearly every starter recorded a hit and sophomore Kyle Autilio (Saugus, Mass. / Saugus) earned the win in his second career start as the Assumption baseball team rebounded to defeat American International 9-4.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Autilio was solid on the mound for the Hounds in his second career start, pitching 5.0 innings and giving up three runs (two earned) on seven hits, two walks and five strikeouts. Freshmen Brendan Desautels (Holden, Mass. / Holy Name Central Catholic) and James McNamara (Westford, Mass. / Westford Academy) wrapped up the final 4.0 innings, as McNamara allowed just one baserunner over 2.0 innings.
- The Hounds struck for two runs in the top of the second inning, as junior Kevin Quinlivan (Shrewsbury, Mass. / St. John's) started the two-out rally with a double. After junior Hunter Tralli (Berlin, Conn. / Northwest Catholic) walked, sophomore Jared Brescia (Brentwood, N.H. / Exeter) singled to right field to score Quinlivan and senior Quinn Moynihan (Worcester, Mass. / Lipscomb University) followed that up with a single of his own, scoring Tralli to give the Hounds a 2-0 lead.
- After American International cut the lead in half in the third, Assumption gave themselves some breathing room in the fifth when they scored four runs, highlighted by a two RBI triple from senior Andrew Jaehnig (Quincy, Mass. / Boston College). Sophomore Derek Adamson (Chelmsford, Mass. / Chelmsford) also recorded an RBI to give the Hounds a 6-1 lead.
- The Yellow Jackets pulled within two runs after scoring three unanswered runs in the fifth and sixth inning, but the Hounds washed it out with three runs of their own, including a two RBI double by Qui.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Moynihan finished 3-for-5 with two runs and a RBI to up his average on the year to .391.
- Adamson went 2-for-5 with two RBI and a run, while Jaehnig went 1-for-5 with a triple, two RBI and a run.
- Quinlivan also recorded a multi-hit game, finishing 2-for-4 with two doubles, two RBI and a run.