- Score: Rollins 17, Assumption 1
- Records: Assumption (3-7, 0-0 NE10); Rollins (10-7)
- Location: Winter Park, Fla.
- The Lead: Assumption hung tight with Rollins through the first 6 ½ innings, before the Tars opened the game up in the final two frames.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshman James McNamara (Westford, Mass. / Westford Academy) earned his first collegiate start for Assumption and pitched 4.0 innings, allowing three runs on seven hits while fanning a pair of batters. Classmate James Cappello (Marlborough, Mass. / Assabet Valley Regional Technical) tossed 2.1 innings of relief in his collegiate debut and surrendered four runs (two earned) on two hits and two walks.
- After Rollins jumped out to a 4-0 lead, Assumption put a run up on the board in the top of the seventh inning. After sophomore Hunter Tralli (Berlin, Conn. / Northwest Catholic) reached first on an error by the shortstop, senior Quinn Moynihan (Worcester, Mass. / Lipscomb University) moved him over with a single up the middle. Classmate Andrew Jaehnig (Quincy, Mass. / Boston College) followed suit, singling up the middle to score Tralli from second, giving Jaehnig his fourth RBI of the year.
- Rollins opened the game up in the bottom of the seventh when they scored six runs, before putting up a seven spot in the eighth to make the score 17-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Moynihan extended his hitting streak to seven games and upped his average on the year to .405 after finishing the game 3-for-4.
- Jaehnig went 1-for-3 with a RBI, while sophomore R.J. Libby (Middleton, Mass. / Bishop Fenwick) pinch hit and went 1-for-1.