- Score: Concordia 4, Assumption 0
- Records: Assumption (2-5, 0-0 NE10); Concordia (3-2, 0-0 CACC)
- Location: Winter Park, Fla.
- The Lead: The Assumption College baseball team fell 4-0 this evening to Concordia, mustering just two hits as the Clippers Dylan Lawrence pitched a gem, throwing a complete game shutout while striking out seven batters and allowing just two base-runners.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior Kyle Chudoba (Oxford, Conn. / Oxford) made his second start of the season and recorded double digit strikeouts for just the second time in his collegiate career, fanning 10 batters in 7.0 innings of work, allowing four runs and walking three hitters. Sophomore Manny PegueroMelo (Boston, Mass. / Xaverian) pitched the final two innings surrendering one hit and walking two.
- It was a tough day at the plate for the Hounds, as senior Quinn Moynihan (Worcester, Mass. / Lipscomb University) and freshman Andrew Moccia (Lynn, Mass. / Lynn Classical) were the only two to register a base knock, both singles.
- Concordia did all of its damage in the fourth inning, piecing together four hits, two walks and two stolen bases to score all four of their runs.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Moynihan finished 1-for-4 to extend his hitting streak to four games, while also bringing his average on the season to .385.
- Moccia went 1-for-3 to give the freshman a hit in two consecutive games.