- Score: Merrimack 16, Assumption 1
- Records: Assumption (15-21, 8-13 NE10); Merrimack (20-16, 14-5 NE10)
- Location: North Andover, Mass. (Warrior Diamond)
- The Lead: Merrimack received a huge day from Cam DiSarcina, who finished 5-for-5 with walk, two homeruns, four RBI and five runs as the Warriors cruised their way to a 16-1 win today.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Merrimack came out and scored early and often, as the Warriors jumped out to an 8-0 lead in the fourth inning. They added four more runs in the sixth, three in the seventh and one in the eighth to record their 16 runs.
- Assumption got on the board in the top of the seventh when junior Andrew Jaehnig (Quincy, Mass. / Boston College) singled to right center and was followed by another single from senior Jake Byrne (Grafton, Mass. / Saint John's). Freshman Derek Adamson (Chelmsford, Mass. / Chelmsford) came on to pinch run for Jaehnig and came around to score when classmate Matt Schneider (Dalton, Mass. / Wahconah Regional) reached on a fielder's choice and an error on the throw by the shortstop.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Junior Mike Schmidt (Jackson, N.J. / Jackson Memorial) recorded the lone multi-hit afternoon for the Hounds as he finished 2-for-3.
- Byrne and Jaehnig each finished 1-for-3, while Adamson went 0-for-1 with a run scored.
- The Hounds return to action tomorrow as they host Southern New Hampshire for a doubleheader starting at 12:00 p.m.