- Score: Assumption 11, Concordia 0
- Records: Assumption (7-6); Concordia (1-11)
- Location: Lake Brantley, Fla.
- The Lead: Junior Mike Curtis (Wilmington, Mass. / Wilmington) tossed a complete game shutout as the Assumption College baseball team cruised past Concordia 11-0 in Florida to wrap up their spring break trip.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Curtis was dominant on the mound for the Hounds, scattering just four singles throughout the game as the junior registered a complete game shutout to improve his record to 2-1 on the season.
- The game remained scoreless until Assumption exploded for eight runs in the fourth innings, highlighted by sophomore Kevin Quinlivan's (Shrewsbury, Mass. / St. John's) grand slam. The Hounds were patient at the plate as they drew four walks in the innings, combined with singles by sophomore Hunter Tralli (Berlin, Conn. / Northwest Catholic) and classmate Trevor McQuade (Westwood, Mass. / Xaverian) to blow the game open.
- In the fifth inning Assumption extended its lead as junior Andrew Jaehnig (Quincy, Mass. / Boston College) led off with a double and was brought home on freshman Matt Schneider's (Dalton, Mass. / Wahconah Regional) first collegiate homerun.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption finishes 7-6 on their trip down south and 6-3 on their spring break trip to Florida.
- Quinlivan's grand slam was the sophomore's first homerun of the season and brings his RBI total to seven.
- Schneider tallied his first collegiate homerun and now has five RBI on the season.
- McQuade finished 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored, while Jaehnig went 1-for-3 with a double and two runs scored.
- The Hounds return to action on Saturday, March 18 as they open conference play with a double header against New Haven, followed by their home opener on Sunday with a single game against New Haven.