- Score: Rollins 10, Assumption 0
- Records: Assumption (3-4); Rollins (10-4)
- Location: Winter Park, Fla. (Rollins College)
- The Lead: The Assumption College baseball team stumbled in their lone game of the day as Rollins' freshman pitcher AJ Chacon recorded a dominant performance on the mound, tossing seven scoreless innings with 13 strikeouts.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshman Kyle Autilio (Saugus, Mass. / Saugus) tallied his first collegiate start for Assumption and lasted 5.2 innings while allowing five runs (four earned), to go with four walks and four strikeouts.
- After four innings Rollins led Assumption 1-0 as both pitchers were keeping their respective teams in the game. The Tars doubled their lead in the fifth as Brian Brooker singled, advanced to second on a passed ball and came around to score on a RBI single by Isaiah Russell.
- Rollins combined to score eight runs over the final three frames of the game to finish the scoring at 10-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sophomore Trevor McQuade (Westwood, Mass. / Xaverian) led the Hounds at the plate, finishing 2-for-3 with a pair of singles, while senior Jake Byrne (Grafton, Mass. / Saint John's), sophomore Hunter Tralli (Berlin, Conn. / Northwest Catholic) and junior Mike Schmidt (Jackson, N.J. / Jackson Memorial) each registered a single.
- The Hounds return to action tomorrow as they continue their Spring Break trip in Florida with a single game against Saint Anselm at 11:00 a.m.