- Score: Assumption 6, Bentley 0
- Records: Assumption (10-13, 5-4 NE-10, 4-1 NE-10 Div.) Bentley (7-15, 2-5 NE-10, 1-4 NE-10 Div.)
- Location: Waltham, Mass. (DeFelice Field)
- The Lead: Led by an 11-hit attack and a seven-inning shutout performance from sophomore pitcher Mike Curtis (Wilmington, Mass./Wilmington), the Assumption College baseball team improved to 4-1 in divisional play with a 6-0 road shutout of Bentley University.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first as junior Mike Coggeshall (Shrewsbury, Mass./Shrewsbury) and sophomore Andrew Jaehnig (Quincy, Mass./Boston College) crossed the plate. Coggeshall came home on a single to left from junior Jake Byrne (Grafton, Mass./Saint John's) and Jaehnig scored on the same play as he scored on a Falcon error.
- The scored stayed at 2-0 until the top of the seventh as the Hounds pounded out three hits that included a two-RBI single through the left side by Jaehnig. Freshman Hunter Tralli (Berlin, Conn./Northwest Catholic) scored in the eighth to complete the scoring as he came home on an RBI single from senior Michael Panza (West Haven, Conn./Notre Dame).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption held an 11-5 advantage in total hits as Coggeshall led the offense with a 3-for-4 outing. Panza and Jaehnig each had a pair of hits, while Nick Neshe was the lone Falcon with multiple hits as he was 2-for-4 on the day.
- Curtis improved to 3-1 on the season as he went seven innings with just three hits allowed and six strikeouts. For Bentley, Will Alden took the loss to fall to 1-3 as he went seven innings while giving up eight hits, five runs and three walks.
- Assumption is back in action on Saturday, April 9th as the Hounds host the University of New Haven for a Northeast-10 doubleheader beginning at Noon at Rocheleau Field.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the baseball team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.