Assumption College Department of Athletics Mission Statement
The Assumption College Department of Athletics is committed to sponsoring a competitive broad based athletic program at the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II level. We strive to provide participation opportunities for female and male student-athletes of the College while maintaining the highest standards of integrity.
The department fosters and promotes the values involved in participation. Among those values are: discipline, team work, leadership and respect for oneself and opponents; fair play and sportsmanship.
All student-athletes have the principal charge to strive for the highest level of academic and athletic achievement as preparation to become contributing members of their communities following graduation.
The department is dedicated to a first-class program that presents itself as an integral part of the College and the surrounding geographical area providing and promoting exciting NCAA Division II athletic competition and generating unity within the college and the community.
The Department of Athletics is committed to building the highest quality N.C.A.A. Division II athletics program possible characterized by academic integrity and sportsmanship while being a uniting force for the campus and the community.
- To operate in a manner which is consistent with the educational philosophy of the College.
- To complement the ideals and philosophies of the College, the Northeast-10 Conference, and the NCAA and abide by the rules set forth.
- To provide a positive student-athlete experience thereby promoting graduation, development of life skills, and the physical and social well-being of all our student-athletes.
- To afford equal opportunities to both female and male student athletes in all facets of the athletics program.
- To compete at the highest level possible while maintaining the highest degree of integrity, ethical and moral conduct, and sportsmanship.
- To provide exciting competition and entertainment for the College, community and the surrounding region.
- To promote and represent the College and the community in a representative manner in all activities.
- To serve the youth in the community through various programs, clinics and camps.